NORTH TEXAS GIVING DAY
We are again participating in North Texas Giving Day this fall, scheduled for 9/17/2020. See link for more information, how to give, dates you can give and more detail about Love Thy Neighbor. North Texas Giving Day provides more than 25% of our annual income. We appreciate your generosity. Direct link to our giving page is here.
CAP (Clothing Assistance Program) Coat Drive:
We need coats, both new and gently used, to support our coat drive to help children and adults in need of coats this winter, for more information see LOVE THY NEIGHBOR CAP – COAT DRIVE.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFO (updated 8/5/2020)
Of our programs, the following applies during the COVID-19 crisis:
- Kitchen: Effective Tuesday, 3/17/2020, only to-go meals will be served from the kitchen, no dine-in. Kitchen volunteers who choose to continue will prepare meals and then fill to-go containers for the clients, minimal client contact. We are asking for 4 volunteers for each meal maximum.
- CAP: Since April, CAP has not been able to meet one-on-one with clients because of the COVID pandemic. Many families are having difficulty making ends meet because of lost wages during this time. Love Thy Neighbor and the Lewisville Salvation Army are meeting the clothing needs of our clients via a Drive-Through Program. The LSA can provide a cash voucher to clients to purchase clothing from The Lewisville SA Family Store. Shoes and undergarments are being provided by LTN through CAP. During Drive-Through Food Distribution on Tuesdays & Thursdays at the LSA, CAP is providing a form to clients to gather sizing information and are asked to return their completed form the following week during food distribution. CAP Volunteers pull & bag orders. Clients receive their order the next week when they return for groceries. CAP is continuing to provide clothing to our homeless clients on an as-needed basis. Contact MaryAnn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 214 536-8253 if you or your organization would like to donate new shoes or undergarments to assist with this our Program. Thank you.
UPDATE – CLOTHING DONATIONS:
BEGINNING MONDAY, AUGUST 10, CAP will once again start taking gently-used Clothing Donations for our (CAP) Clothing Assistance Program. ALL DONATIONS RECEIVED ON MONDAY & TUESDAY OF EACH WEEK WILL SUPPORT CAP. Many of our awesome donors & volunteers have been holding on to their donations since the start of the COVID PANDEMIC. THANK YOU – THANK YOU – THANK YOU! Please bring your donations for CAP to:
The Lewisville Salvation Service Center
206 W Main Street, Lewisville, TX 75057
Monday & Tuesday of Each Week
Donations accepted: 9am-11:30am AND 1:00pm-3:30pm, BRING THEM INTO Single Door Entrance Next to the 2 Red Outside Bins. Let the attendant/volunteer know that your donations are for CAP. Do not put them in the outside bins; these bins are designated for Dallas SA. Donation receipts can be obtained in the building across the parking lot – marked RECEPTION on the outside door. Donations received on Wednesday – Friday of each week will be sent to the Dallas SA.
Contact MaryAnn at email@example.com or 214-536-8253 with any questions.
- Love Thy Baby: Webb Chapel Church of Christ has suspended all activities and so, in person volunteering cannot occur. However, volunteers continue to work from home and we are distributing blankets and clothing to the various hospitals that we service.
- Love Thy Pet: Since LTP also works out of Webb Chapel Church of Christ, in person volunteering is not occurring, however, just like LTB, volunteers are working from home and pet beds are being distributed to shelters and other locations.
- Other: We continue to support Kyle’s Place with Monday dinners (either prepared by the Monday kitchen volunteers or purchased from local restaurants), Saturday to-go lunches (courtesy of St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus), PediPlace snack bags, and other emergency assistance as needed.
Who We Are
Love Thy Neighbor is a North Texas based 501(c)(3) with a focus on community needs for the homeless, hungry, poorly clothed, and families with minimal assets especially for newborns. We have also recently added a program directed at assisting animal shelters in need thru pet beds and other means.
Love Thy Neighbor is 100% volunteer based. Virtually all donations go to support our 4 programs, there are no paid staff. We have been fortunate enough to receive a few grants (see our benefactor page) to assist us in delivering our programs. Over 95% of donations go directly to programs, the remainder is for office supplies, insurance, and fund raising.
We have also recently branched out to assist two other charities in need. We are providing services to Kyle’s Place and to In My Shoes through monetary donations, purchase of equipment, meals, clothing, and training.
Our Programs (briefly):
Kitchen: Our Kitchen Program doors opened in November 2010, partnering with the Salvation Army in Lewisville, TX. Hot and nutritious meals are served 5 days a week to individuals and families wanting to eat. Love Thy Neighbor provides assistance in preparing the meals, cleanup and in purchasing food to augment those food items obtained by The Salvation Army. For the last year, we served over 26,000 hot meals and over 4,000 to-go meals. We also supply Kyle’s Place (Journey to Dream) with dinners each Monday, consisting of 8-14 meals per week. See the Kitchen Program for more information.
Clothing Assistance Program: LTN manages the Clothing Assistance Program (CAP) that opened in April, 2013. Gently worn, donated, and purchased clothing items are distributed at ‘no-charge’ to qualified clients 3 days a week. Up to 4 changes of clothes are provided to each family member. We have been fortunate to partner with The CoServ Charitable Foundation, through a grant, which allows us to purchase new shoes, socks and undergarment for these families. In the past year, we have served over 1500 needy families with donated and purchased clothing. We also supply clothing to the local homeless on an as needed basis. See the Clothing Assistance Program for more information.
Love Thy Baby: Love Thy Baby (LTB) focuses on meeting the needs of infants who are born into health or economic crises. Volunteers make and collect warm blankets and clothing for newborn babies who are born premature, sick or into poverty. The items are then distributed to North Texas hospitals and agencies. LTB became a part of LTN January, 2015. In the past year, we have served over 18,000 needy infants/newborns with over 50,000 handmade, donated, or purchased items. See the Love Thy Baby Program for more information. We are very thankful to the Parkland Hospital Auxiliary for their annual grants to Love Thy Baby.
Love Thy Pet: Love Thy Pet (LTP) was an organic growth from Love Thy Baby in 2015. The volunteers take unused and scrap fabric from the LTB program and make pet beds for animal shelters, humane societies, pet foster homes and our homeless with pets. In the past year, we have distributed over 900 pet beds to shelters and rescue organizations. See the Love Thy Pet Program for more information.
Other Programs: As part of our support of the community, we have expanded our reach to include: weekly supply of dinners to Kyle’s Place, a home for homeless teens; providing summer camp and church mission scholarships for needy teens; and supporting the summer needs of Webb Chapel Church of Christ where we have been allowed to use their facilities for Love Thy Baby programs.
Download our LTN Brochure for more information.
MT25:40 – ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
He who oppresses the poor taunts his Maker, But he who is gracious to the needy honors Him.